Search This Blog

Saturday 23 February 2013

The future is looking bright!

So it was our PDP (personal development planning) lecture this week and we received a very inspiring lecture by our IEMS service (International experience and mobility service), offering a chance for us to travel abroad to work or study. 

I've always loved the idea of working and living abroad in the future, in fact one of the reasons why I chose to come to uni was for the opportunities it can offer me to pursue this. I took a lot from the lecture and questions that were asked, but I choose this weekend to research this a little further and look at my options. I am particularly looking at any opportunities in Australia and this weekend I found a promising possibility to study at Shillington College for 3 months during our summer break. This would give me the chance to see what it would be like to live and study abroad, find new chances for employment, experience a different learning environment, interact with people from different backgrounds, build new relationships and come away with a full certificate in graphic design. 

Photos of the Studios from Google below



I will need to talk to my tutor about this first and the advisor from the IEMS, receiving this advice and feedback from both will determine my decision. I plan to get this started as soon as possible for applying for the full time 3 month course in June of next year until August 2014. I also plan to explore other options to study/work in Australia or anywhere else for that matter as long as it helps me develop me as a designer or person and relates to my work at university.


Earlier in the week I posted a preview of this blog on my instagram feed expressing people to check out the new design. (picture I posted below)





A comment was left on this photo by a blogging community called Glipho (screenshot below), I was so happy and surprised by their response that I decided to look into this world of bloggers. I'm still in the process of setting up an account, as I feel it will broaden my audience and will also give me a new platform to receive feedback of my work and blogging style. After this blog is handed in as part of my PDP module, I plan to continue blogging for myself so this could be a very promising platform for me to work with alongside or instead of this blog.


Once I set up this account I will share a link to it via this blog so watch out for it!

NAP x







No comments:

Post a Comment