Search This Blog

Saturday 16 February 2013

Serendipity

My monthly addiction hit of magazines came this week in the form of Pretty Nostalgic and the first ever issue of Homemade with Love. Flicking through these magazine I found a few inspiring articles relating to my work at uni and latest ideas in personal development projects, which were a nice little surprise to encourage my progress. This week I signed up for an induction into the print room studios on the 4th floor of my uni building, I cant wait to get back into producing etchings, screen prints and experimenting with other mediums too.

I came across these inspiring articles for printing below in the Homemade with Love magazine. 


Above - Thermofax Screen printing demonstration.
 Below - using clear flexible stamps on rocks.

Hopefully I will be able to experiment in different forms for my future projects in Graphic Design to propel my work ahead of my class members. 


The article below in Pretty Nostalgic shows a step by step tutorial of how to build a frame and make your own paper. This made me think back to the Gutenberg lecture last December and their techniques of making paper to print onto. 


This could definitely strengthen my understanding of the printing/paper making process as well as my artwork produced. 

Also in the magazine was a double page spread named A-Z of type, as a graphic design student I found this very useful from the brief history and explanation of each topic. (Undoubtably one to remember)


Q - Quoin   R - Roman   S - Serif   T - Typography Blocks    U - Uncial 


Remember Jennifer Collier from my Sunday Run-down post in January? well here she is featured in the latest issue of Pretty Nostalgic below.  


Lately I have been experimenting with similar techniques and materials for my 147 DVA Design in Context module as Collier, along with paper cutting methods inspired by Julene Harrison, Rob Ryan and Sarah Trumbauer.

My sketchbook and progress of my paper cutting artwork





Photoshop work 



A little tutorial was featured in the Homemade with Love magazine for creating a classic folded papercut card for Valentines day (below).




NAP x

No comments:

Post a Comment