Search This Blog

Thursday 23 April 2015

Gallery Visit II

We visited the NIMAC arts centre again this week as part of our history class to break up our lectures in the classroom and venture out to explore the arts in the city. It's always great to get out and visit the galleries here in Nicosia especially with our class and learn more about their views on art and design.

The exhibition this time we visited focused around digital art and video installations, each with a very different topic. A brochure I picked up on my way out allowed me to gain more understanding in their written concepts and proposals, as most information or spoken language within the films were Greek.






I found this video to be very calming and relaxing to me yet the vibrancy of the colours interesting and alluring to watch. The spiralling sensation from the subject matter, floating out of shot in the water gave a soothing atmosphere for me to watch and almost become entranced within.

After our visit I found an article on MyCyprusInsider  listing the top 3 places to visit for art lovers. NIMAC arts centre came third in the list. I have enjoyed visiting both times and as no.3 in the list I have decided to visit the top 2 in the hopes to appreciate more art here in Nicosia. I love to visit the art galleries back in the UK to gain more understanding and knowledge of art history to inform my design practice. As someone who enjoys visiting galleries and the experiencing viewing new art from everywhere I visit, I have also searched for some more unique exhibition spaces and art galleries in town to go to before my time here is over.

NAP x

No comments:

Post a Comment