Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Winter Wonderland

Leisurely walks are my favourite especially when the weather is as inspiring as it has been, I put my boots on and headed out into the snow and back in time.
Here are some of my snaps.



Coventry Cathedral Ruins
I am obsessed with windows already but this view made me fall deeper in love with the Cathedrals architecture.




The white topping on the window arches and spires was like the icing on a cake (an extra enhancement to the architecture and structure and it really does look like its been covered in icing sugar)






Priory Row near the Cathedral - All Grade II listed buildings

One of my favourite buildings in Coventry is No. 11 Priory Row an 18th century Georgian House, unfortunately the back of the house was directly bombed however the front of the house along with the decorative iron gates are original. 




Narnia style Lamp


Lady Godiva Statue in the City Centre


On my free day off I chose to go visit a lovely lady I met a few years ago called Bobs, she lives in the most magical cottage which was once part of the Stivichall estate owned by the Gregory Family from the 16th century until the early 20th century. A perfect retreat steeped in history in the middle of the woods, what more could you ask for on a relaxing day.


Walking through the Memorial Park on my journey to the cottage.


Walking through the woods near to the hidden cottage.


I spy Bob's Cottage 
(you can just about see the gate under the large tree in the middle of this photo)



View from inside the cottage looking out at the cold



It is always just like stepping back in time when I visit the cottage but on a day like today it was even more magical and nostalgic. Being surrounded by trees and the wildlife was so wonderful to hear and see, feeding the robins (unfortunately too fast to get a snap of) was so therapeutic and relaxing. It was the perfect day off from work.


A lovely country lunch was the perfect end to my walk through the snow and woodland. 


Edits of my snaps on Instagram 





NAP x



No comments:

Post a Comment