Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Pretty Nostalgic





I got sent these lovely magazines this week called 'Pretty Nostalgic', when gazing through the beautifully inspiring pages I came across the title Get Involved. I love the design of this magazine so much I decided I wanted to contribute in any way possible so I emailed the editor. All I need to do is wait it out for a reply but this action has made me think about my future.


Pick up copies of Pretty Nostalgic now or visit their website.


 This year I want to broaden my understanding of design in all forms, so that one day my dream of creating my own magazine like IdealHome or CountryLiving and my new favourite Pretty Nostalgic will become real. This year my aim will be to make plans for some kind of magazine, column, or newsletter, I believe it would be a great way for me to expand my mind by looking for new things to share everyday and connect with other designers in a final artefact. To begin with I will need a name and this will be my first goal to concentrate on in the weeks to come.

The concept behind my magazine will showcase inspiring new designers and artists alongside traditional painters with write-ups of influencing art movements and artworks, collections and exhibitions to visit. Galleries and Museums have always been a calming place for me to visit and always refresh my mind, a look of inside some of the most treasure will give my magazine an intellectual and mature view.

I never struggle to find inspiration in my everyday life from interiors, furniture, gardens, architecture, fashion, music, films, books, TV, historic homes, food, drink and even from the people I meet. I feel these topics would make interesting content and would allow the reader to share tips for rejuvenating old items, ideas for design, deepen their knowledge of art history and design, recipes and landscaping. 

Upcoming events from fashion shows, farmers markets, exhibitions, classic car shows and music festivals with reviews of the latest popular reading material, films, albums, fashion items, interior trends and new household appliances will allow me to advertise to a mass amount of people with different interests. 

The target audience I feel all these aspects will attract the most will be women aged 18 onwards, a typical home making magazine with the added information of fashion, music and art for a fashionable vibe and allow the more mature women to keep in touch with the trends and styles of the younger audience. As a lover of all things old, traditional and vintage the overall style of my magazine will be in this style with a clean and smart layout.

Many feel the number thirteen is an unlucky number but for me 2013 is looking promising. 

NAP x






No comments:

Post a Comment