Search This Blog

Sunday 6 December 2015

Me, myself and my freelance business

Recently I have been attending my add vantage module, a short extra course that runs alongside my degree studies. This year I choose to learn about the possible steps and knowledge I would need to go freelance as a graphic designer or photographer and setting up my own business. I have always considered working freelance as a graphic designer or photographer and have dabbled in this area before working for family and friends. I have had the pleasure of photographing family weddings and portraits of new family members and each time the results have been professional standard creating a demand. The current module has really made me think more about my future career and portfolio and the qualities I would need, not only in my work but in myself as a person, to run my own creative business. Throughout the module we were constantly reminded of how we should project ourselves to potential clients with our C.V's, websites portfolios etc.

With the thoughts raised from this module and my current reflection of my personal development planning module, integrated into my course, focusing on preparing for graduation and working in my field has lead me to focus on my personal branding. I want to start realizing what my personal style and personality in design is to communicate to potential employees or clients, so I can begin to translate this into my online portfolio. I am planning to re launch a website I created as part of a PDP module from my second year studies, as I felt the minimal and sophisticated design style I created still suits my personal style currently.

I would also like to improve my portfolio with my next university briefs and projects with design styles I appreciate and personally find appealing and attractive. I wish to demonstrate my design knowledge of trends with the upcoming briefs and some existing projects I have now. I am very much looking to gaining some packaging projects within my portfolio as I currently have no examples.

NAP x


No comments:

Post a Comment