Search This Blog

Friday 2 October 2015

Final year begins

So this week was my first week as a final year student of Graphic Design at Coventry university. Returning into a class of new people along with some familiar faces who also took an erasmus year was an unusual experience of slight deja vu. It had been so long and felt strange but comforting to be back in the studio of Graham Sutherland. I hope my final year brings opportunities to enhance my employability for nearing the end of my studies with a vast of work to undertake for my portfolio. I would like to build up some more examples of branding in my work and attain some packaging designs. Some of my friends had decided to take a module in Cyprus to create packaging for a variety of different products, they created some really great work and was able to pad out their portfolio quickly yet with professional looking work. I unfortunately didn't take this module and wish I had done therefore I hope to create some nice packaging designs to include in my portfolio this year.  

Our first brief to break us into the new academic year was an open brief to say the least, one word was given in the brief; Ingenuity. From my aim to produce some product designs I was immediately hit with an idea of creating some kind of packaging for a tea bag brand. The sounding of the word we was given fit perfectly for the brand name and I decided to illustrate the I to look like the string of a tea bag for my logo. For this short project we was given 4 days to create our work to then show and present to our class to see how each of us had interpreted the brief. My response to the project is shown below. 

NAP x

No comments:

Post a Comment