Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Venice

This summer I was lucky enough to be invited to travel to Venice with my boyfriend and his family. I have always wanted to visit Italy and thought of Venice to be such a beautiful place, I have felt a desire to experience their culture. Whilst there we took a day to visit nearby Islands famous for its production of glass art and lace, Murano and Burano. It was fascinating to see the process and amazing to have bought one of pieces of art from the people we watched make them. Being a student of design I love learning about art and took the opportunity to visit a few galleries too, to my delight design students can visit for free with proof of their studies. I wish more gallery and museums would be so accomodating here in the UK or offer discounts for art students. 

Having just ended my erasmus year it was great to travel again to a new country after just returning home for the summer. I hope to continue my travels and feed my addictive need and love of travelling to new places in my future.







View of our hotel from a gondola




Lighting a candle in San Rocco Church


A tour on Murano Island & one of their famous glass blowing studios.

San Marco Square.

View from San Marco tower.




Our Venetian masks from Burano Island famous for its lace.




Bridge of Sighs






Our love lock on the railings of a bridge

NAP x

No comments:

Post a Comment