Search This Blog

Monday 26 November 2012

Its beginnng to feel alot like christmas!

 
Yes its that time of year again, the hustle and bustle of busy shoppers, well behaved children and cold, dark winter mornings. Its beginnig to feel alot like christmas already with christmas decorations in the churches and lights around the city.
 

 
It was a cold and weather-wise miserable (typical) day in Coventry, I decided to get ahead start with my christmas shopping before the mad decends in early december. Taking a walk throught the back streets of the catherdral were a great inspiration for the traditional christmas I have always loved.
 
* My wrapping masterclass
 
 
* Brown paper, string, patterned brown paper, ribbons and decorations.
 
I consider myself to be very traditional and what a better time of year to embrace all the christmas traditions. Brown paper packages tied up with string is the best place to start, I then injected my creative style to the presents for my loved ones with personal touches for each gift. Layer patterned paper with plain brown paper and decorate with different textures, colours and heighten pieces.
 
 
 
Each gift and card has been decorated with an old black and white photo of that person instead of name tags, this visual personal touch has created a vintage inspired packaging feel and works great for the little ones that can't quite read their name yet.
 
 
Each card has a photo of  the couple/person who the card belongs to, I love how this looks and by adding these little creative elements it shows the amount of effort and care you want to show.
 
* Personal and Creative touches
 
 
Little touches like bundles of twigs, pinecones and double tied ribbon give that festive feeling.
 
 
A hidden Robin amoungst the leaves, berries and twigs.
 
 
Hope this has inspired you to take a creative effort this year with your gifts .
 
Merry Christmas!
 
NAP x
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment