Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Home Kitsch Home

After our leture on Taboo, Bad Taste and Kitsch I decided to go home to Blackpool to see the real tack I have grown up with. From the tourists to rock and kiss me quick hats, Blackpool has to be one of the smallest towns with the biggest jam-packed collection of all Bad taste and kitsch items with the occasional taboo of its reputation and resisdents lifestyles.
 
At the time I was there the season had just finished so no illuminations were light up and hardly any tourists were about however arcades and souvenir shops were still open and busy.
 








 
From missing home and my family alot these last weeks, I almost became a tourist myself from trying to experience Blackpool in such a short amount of time before I left again. A quote that pretty much summed up my time home below, despite all the tack and kitsch its still home to me. 
 
(sorry for the bad quality but its such a good image)
 
 
Now being a sandgrown lass from Blackpool, heres my idea of Kitsch and Bad Taste.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
The most tackiest thing you will see in Blackpool has to be the Stag and Hen parties, they are everywhere in summer and never seem to change no matter how orignial they believe they are being.
 
 
 
 
NAP x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment