Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Shoreditch Kitchen


Over the festive break I wanted to catch up with one project in particular, my Shoreditch Kitchen menu design.Back when this brief was launched I was overwhelmed with the planning and organizing of the Halloween fundraiser and wasn't feeling too well, due to this I postponed it until I had enough time to concentrate on the detailed design. My brief was to create a traditional A3 tri-fold menu with a fresh design aimed at the 'hipster' audience of the restaurant.

Recent trends in colour of design and backed up by the Pantone of the year colours rose quatrz and serenity so a dirty feel of pastels to be rising in popularity. I choose to use a blue tone, a close mix to both colours to create a retro diner-esque feel with the added iconography of the food items from the menu I feel this connects to create the feel I waned. This I illustrated into a recurring pattern to form a stylized branding image to translate onto other materials, such as the app and possibly the take out bag. I wanted a script type logo to sit within the very structured and designed feel of the icons and typography within the menu. This was my first project I choose to use Adobe Illustrator to create each icon, I had never worked with this program before now and with a short demonstration in class and delving myself into the application itself, I now feel confident using this tool for future projects

Colour Inspiration 


Branding concept with menu



I would like to develop the app and refine a few parts of this project but I am happy with my work and feel it will add a fresh feel to my portfolio. I am hoping to include a more interactive element to the app and apply the icon pattern to the take out bag or include some packaging for the take away food.

NAP x


No comments:

Post a Comment