Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 March 2013

The End Is In Sight !

We also had our critiques today for our book cover as part of our Design in Context module, I was able to reach my final design in this session will the help of my tutors and peers around the class and their feedback. I'm very happy with the my result and hope to submit to Penguin in late April 2013.

My final Cover 


This week I have also been working on my essay discussing a quote from the extract 'The Crystal Goblet' or 'Printing Should be Invisible' by Beatrice Warde. My main focus was on psychedelia and transparent designs such as time tables, schedules etc, i'm very lucky to have the people in my life especially my family. They were a great help in writing this essay as my father (as seen in my Psychedelic Love post) and my cousin Jerry Richards (mentioned in my Music post) have both experienced the era and the lifestyle and were both happy to supply me with their stories and answers to my questions. 

The goblets represents methods of portraying the same content (wine), I'm always looking to push my work that little bit further and felt what a better way to present my essay than to apply these two design styles to it. For hand in on Friday I now need to print my essay after the applied designs and mount my cover, after that it will be a very long awaited 3 hour drive home to Blackpool.

NAP x




No comments:

Post a Comment